The Komen New England COVID-19 Action Fund
The damage from the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) extends to those battling breast cancer. We have already seen patients lose income and fear for their health and survival, with many unable to access the treatment and medical care they critically need. Our work has never been more important, but the impact of COVID-19 makes it critically urgent.
Susan G. Komen® New England has established a new, unrestricted COVID-19 Action Fund to help our organization support the unique needs of people facing breast cancer during this health and economic crisis. Rising unemployment, mandatory stay at home orders, and an overburdened healthcare system are causing a perfect storm for breast cancer patients who have questions or need care. Funds raised will ensure our Affiliate is able to help those in need of support during this crisis today.
Thanks to the stimulus bill pass by Congress, your gift today is tax-deductible — up to $300, no matter how you file your taxes.
Komen New England remains committed to doing whatever it takes to save lives by supporting those most vulnerable within the breast cancer community. The supports urgent needs among our breast cancer community today. Donors to the fund ensure free, timely, and important services continue for those in need, including:
- Patient navigation to help anyone access the treatment they need by breaking down economic, social, and emotional barriers; assist symptomatic women in obtaining necessary services; and answer questions related to healthcare concerns
- Continued advocacy for New England’s breast cancer patients and their needs among policymakers; funding for safety-net programs will be a tough battle in the next budget cycle due to the increase in COVID19 health needs, and we need to be there to fight for BCCP
- Virtual education experiences to assist patients in accessing critical, timely information related to breast cancer treatment and COVID19, online support groups, exercise classes, and information on how to cope with stress and anxiety
- Funding lifesaving research and clinical trials to discover new treatments
- General organizational support to keep us operating at full capacity so we can continue to deliver our mission
Individuals and companies interested in supporting the unique needs of breast cancer patients during this health crisis are encouraged to visit komennewengland.org/coronavirus to learn more or click here to donate directly to the Action Fund.
For people looking for immediate support, the Komen Breast Care Helpline provides free, professional support services to anyone with breast cancer questions or concerns, including men diagnosed with breast cancer and their families. Calls are answered by a trained and caring staff member Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET. You can also email the helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org.