Komen New England Seeking a Development Manager to Work From Newton, MA Office
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $920 million in research and provided nearly $2 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. Susan G. Komen® has awarded more than more than $76 million for breast cancer research in Massachusetts, nearly $10 million for breast cancer research in Connecticut, $4 million for breast cancer research in Vermont and New Hampshire, $1.9 million for breast cancer research in Rhode Island, and $.5 million for breast cancer research in Maine.
Susan G. Komen New England is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Susan G. Komen® New England began with Races for the Cure® in Boston and Manchester, VT in 1993 and Hartford in 1994. The Affiliate has invested over $13 million in Connecticut organizations, over $3 million in Maine organizations, over $9 million in Massachusetts organizations, and over $6.5 million in Vermont and New Hampshire organizations providing breast health services to uninsured and underinsured residents. The Affiliate has also contributed more than $9.5 million to support breast cancer research.
The Development Manager serves as support to the Vice President of Development for the organization, planning, development and implementation of fundraising events for the Affiliate. The Komen New England office is small and friendly, with a flexible work environment.
This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with participants, vendors, volunteers and colleagues. This individual is committed to the Susan G. Komen mission and will be instrumental in growing participation and revenue for special events across the Affiliate area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project manage assigned event schedules for events such as Walks, Rides, Pink Tie Guys, and Catwalk.
- Manage logistics of Affiliate events as assigned.
- Build and maintain Do It Yourself database.
- Acquire and retain “friends & family” teams to grow and enhance teams program for assigned special events.
- Develop meaningful relationships with team captains to encourage and assist in team fundraising success.
- Develop and execute fundraising/recruitment challenges for assigned events.
- Pull and analyze fundraising and registration reports to ensure benchmarks are being met.
- Oversee distribution of all event collateral material in collaboration with the event committee.
- Serve as first point of contact for all event-related questions.
- Coordinate appropriate activities with the volunteer event Chair(s) as well as various committee and community leaders to ensure effective operations, logistics, vendor relations and volunteer support.
- Comply with Komen HQ’s standards and practices, the Walk Agreement, Affiliate policies, contract expectations and procedures for soliciting vendor bids.
- Other Development Department needs as assigned by the VP of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of event management in a non-profit.
- Strong project management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven track record in achieving event logistics and fundraising goals.
- Proven ability to represent organizations to business and community leaders in an exemplary, professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and establish priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with organization systems (Convio, Salesforce) a plus.
Regional travel, evening and weekend work required.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Newton, Massachusetts. To apply, please send an email with cover letter and resume to Catie Fauvelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.