- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Race for the Cure/More Than Pink Walk™
- Impact Ride
- New Haven Breast Cancer Symposium
- Ride for the Cure
- Eversource Hartford Marathon
- PINK TIE GUYS Greater Hartford
- PINK TIE GUYS Boston
- More Than Pink Luncheon
- Snowshoe for the Cure 2018
- Catwalk for the Cure
- Get Involved
- Other Ways to Give
In addition to funding breast cancer research and local breast health programs, Susan G. Komen® also serves as the voice for more than 3.1 million breast cancer survivors through the Komen Advocacy Alliance (KAA), working to ensure that the fight against breast cancer is a priority among policymakers in Washington D.C., and every Capitol across the country.
Each year, Komen identifies advocacy issues that have the greatest potential impact on our mission to end breast cancer forever and energize science to find the cures. This process includes feedback from Komen Headquarters leadership, advocacy staff, and subject matter experts: Komen Affiliates from across the country, advisory groups including the Komen Advocacy Advisory Taskforce, Advocates in Science, and Komen Scholars; and other stakeholders with a vested interest in breast cancer-related issues.
Komen’s Current Advocacy Priorities:
- Support for expanded federal funding for all biomedical research, especially breast cancer research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Department of Defense (DOD);
- Support state and federal funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP);
- Advocate for policies to improve insurance coverage of breast cancer treatments and screening, specifically pertaining to increased access to drug therapies and limiting out-of-pocket costs for diagnostic mammography.
- Evaluate state and federal policies to increase awareness, education, and access to clinical trials for all patient populations.